- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced paper-thin
- 2 parsnip, peeled and sliced paper-thin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, thinly sliced
- 500ml milk
- 200ml semi thick cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of ginger powder
Preheat the oven to 170°C.
Layer the carrots and parsnip in the bottom of the dish. Top with the onion and garlic slices.
Pour the cream and milk into a bowl and add the seasoning. Mix all together.
Pour everything over the vegetables.
Bake for 90 minutes until golden and bubbly.